Fecchi and Gedeone

Olaf Solstrand olaf at andebyonline.com
Sun Oct 12 20:07:20 CEST 2003

Katie:
> I know nothing about Douglas, and as far as I know the "Secrets"
> story in the last Gladstone issue is the only story with
> Scrooge's half-brother that I've read.

That's an entire different brother, my dear. :-) Scrooge has a whole bunch of
them, you know... at least those two. While Rumpus is a Van Horn-character,
Gedeone is a Scarpa-character...

Sigvald:
> Seen isolated this person's
> drawings are OK, but the way they are arranged on each page IMO make stories
> drawn by this person look awful in any Disney-magazine. This is because the
> panels are not arranged properly as in most Disney comics. In stead the
> panels seems to be randomly arranged and sometimes with parts of one panel
> covering another panel – just like in modern super-hero comics. Maybe this
> person thinks that using such a modern style is cool, well I don't think so
> at all.

Why not, Sigvald? Naturally, this is a question of taste. Personally, I love
this style, and hope to see more of it. I like it when the artist experiments
with what's "normal" and stretch the boundaries. But then again, it would have
to be a question of taste. But I really like it this way - and, it's not really
a new thing. I seem to remember seeing this in Disney comics before as well.

Personally, I think this style fits very good in with the adventurous genre of
the story.

But hey, taste is taste. But Sigvald, I didn't catch WHY you don't like this
style?

Olaf the Blue