Goofy's Background

Matthew Williams kingofduckburg at apptechnc.net
Tue Oct 21 14:26:31 CEST 2003

L. Schulte Wrote:

>Concerning the discussion on Goofy's background: my memory dredged up
>something recently after reading some of the posts.  I recall a comic book
>here in the U.S. giving the "whole story" of Goofy's rise to
>stardom.  Sorry, I cannot recall what kind of comic book the story appeared
>in: it might be from the late 1950's or early 1960's.  I remember
>specifically however that Goofy's "real name" was Dippy Dawg ("dawg" being
>the phonetic spelling of the American pronunciation of "dog") and that in
>the story he was given "Goofy" as his stage name.

>Perhaps one of the avid collector's out there knows of this story.

I haven't read the comic, but are you thinking about the comic book
adaptation of "The Goofy Success Story"?  The exact same thing happens in
the Walt Disney Presents episode of the same name.  The episode originally
aired December 7, 1955.  I haven't seen the episode in many years, but I
remember being absolutely entranced with it at one point in my life!

Matthew A. Williams